Harvan Manufacturing has a dedicated staff of experienced machinists, engineers, certified welders and technicians, enabling us to produce a broad range of quality machined parts. Using our state-of-the-art Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machines and skilled operators, we offer precision machining services including:
- Centerless grinding
- Cylindrical grinding
- Surface grinding
- 2-, 4-, 5-, and 9-axis turning
- Multi-axis horizontal milling
- Multi-axis vertical milling
Precision Machining Capabilities at Harvan
At Harvan, we can create effective models and manufacture parts within tight tolerances thanks to the computer precision provided by our CNC equipment. Our fleet of equipment includes:
- 2- and 4-axis CNC lathes
- 5- and 9-axis CNC turning centers
- Multi-axis vertical and horizontal CNC milling machines
Our custom machining services are all under one roof, eliminating the need for subcontractors. Our services include:
- CNC Turning: The turning process spins the workpiece on its axis while the cutting tool remains stationary. With 17 varied CNC turning machines on site, we can create cylindrical parts and perform drilling, boring, parting, grooving, and threading. Our lathe and turning machines work quickly and continuously to produce parts within tight tolerances and require little operator interaction beyond set up.
- CNC Milling: Milling keeps the workpiece stationary while tools rotate around it to perform operations. With four high-end CNC milling machines on site, we perform multi-axis horizontal milling on workpieces up to 3 ft3. We also provide multi-axis vertical milling. Given its large range of available tooling options, milling works best to create intricate designs that require versatility.
- Grinding: We can conduct grinding operations using multiple grinding methods. Our surface grinders rotate the workpiece around a grinding wheel. Our cylindrical grinders hold the workpiece on a chuck and are used for rounded objects like camshafts. For high levels of precision, we use centerless grinders that hold the workpiece with no chuck.
- Hobbing: In gear manufacturing, hobbers cut sprockets, gears, and splines. Our machines hold workpieces up to 12” swing and 60” in length.
- Secondary Services: We can also conduct value-added finishing operations such as lapping, burnishing, and broaching.
CNC machining offers an ideal method for working with a broad range of material options, including common metals, exotic metals and alloys, precious metals, and food-grade plastics.
Why Turn to Harvan for Custom Machining?
With more than 49,000 square feet of manufacturing space, not to mention our skilled staff, we have the equipment necessary for precision machining ranging from simple parts to complex mechanical components with extremely tight tolerances. We guarantee tolerances within ± 0.001 inches for straightness, concentricity, and outer or inner diameter. We can also achieve ± 0.010-inch tolerances for material lengths over 90 inches.
We serve customers in a broad spectrum of industries, such as:
- Oil and gas
- Industrial valve and controls (marine, petrochemical, chemical processing)
- Off-road vehicles and heavy truck
For more than 30 years, Harvan has implemented and improved best practices for quality control. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and are constantly reviewing, maintaining and upgrading our machinery and quality control equipment to ensure the highest possible levels of precision. For customers with immediate needs, we are equipped to offer rush services.